Our commercial team is headed by Mark Stimson. Mark has over 20 years experience in London and the south of England, specialising in residential development, landlord and tenant and enfranchisement matters. He has also been involved in HM Government's consultation process on the implementation of Commonhold. Mark works with a specialist team of lawyers and other professionals.
We're currently acting for clients across the country ranging from town-centre redevelopments and business estates to major house building sites.
Commercial Development and Aquistition
We are able to act on behalf of clients across the country in relation to complex and demanding transactions, including advice on all financing and funding issues. Some example of various instructions we have delt with as follows;
- Acting for a commercial developer with a major city centre regenteration project in association with a national house builder.
- Acting for an investor in connection with the purchase of a part built Business Park.
- Acting for a developer in acquiring a remediated site leading to proposed 37 unit residential development.
- Advising on site aquisition and development of 86 residential units on a Greenfield site
- Acting on numerous aquisitions and disposals for a variety of mixed use and residential developers to include options and overage agreements.
- Acting for a business space user on the acquisition of a 22,000sqft freehold warehouse and showroom.
Construction Litigation and Arbitration
We foster working partnership with our clients with the emphasis on being approachable to them and the third parties we and they work with: we pride ourselves on providing pro-active advice and offering answers rather than creating legal obstacles. We recognise the need for developers to work within both time and financial constraints and help them, from the initial outline planning stage to completion to ensure that these requirements are fully addressed and met.
Property Ownership and Management
Our specialists at bpl have experience at all levels of County and High Courts. Enabling us with expertise in handling complex litigation cases.
We work alongside our clients to manage the risk of litigation and find the most cost effective and efficent approach to each case.
We have extensive experience in litigation construction contracts, professional negligence, insolvency and fraud.
We can represent a large range of clients such as: contractors, suppliers, developers, consultants, private clients, receivers, creditors and debtors.
Mediation is the preferred method of alternative dispute resolution in the construction industry. Litigation is the last resort and mediation is the first point of call for construction disputes.
We are able to help represent clients in mediation and from our extensive experience we ensure that you arrive equipped and prepared on the day to resolve a settlement.